Change "Incorrect Username/Password Combination" m

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:49

Change "Incorrect Username/Password Combination" message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2014 00:00

I want  to be able to change the message that is displayed should someone get their login credentials wrong, which is  "Incorrect Username/Password Combination".  Inspecting the element in a browser shows that this message is the FailureText.

I have created a custom control and I can access FailureText and FailureTextControl from the namespace Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl, but changing the properties of these makes no difference.

Can anyone help?  BTW, this is on version 5.4.

Cheers.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2014 00:00

Hello Neil,

The label of the login widget is taken from Sitefinity's localizable labels and messages. In order for you to alter it you need to go to Administration->Interface Labels and Messages. Search for the label with value equal to Incorrect Username/Password Combination and key equal to IncorrectUsernamePassword. 

Once you locate it you can alter the value of the message for each culture your solution includes.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2014 00:00

Thanks Ivan.  I did look in that section (obviously not hard enough!), and I also didn't realise that the search was case sensitive.

cheers,

Neil.

This thread is closed