Order of Widget Loading on Page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:15

Order of Widget Loading on Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi,

I have mutliple MVC widgets on the Sitefinity Page. In one of the widget I search for some value and in another widget the searched content needs to be displayed. I am saving the searched value in a cache in the first widget and then the second widget loads the cache data.

But when the page loads, the second widget is loaded first and then the first widget. When I do my search the first widget saves the data in cache but cannot see the value in the second widget in that postback because the second widget already loaded before first widget.

Is there a way I could make the second widget load after the first widget.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ravi,

It seems to me that you need your second widget to be called into action and not load on when the page is loaded. Have you considered either executing the logic of the second widget when some event is triggered as an event handler, or place all the logic within the same widget so as when a postback occurs the second part of your logic triggers?

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed