Sitefinity Search on dynamic module resulting no url

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:55

Sitefinity Search on dynamic module resulting no url

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

I have  use sitefinity search. Problem is that on the search result the items coming from dynamicmodule doesn't have links. that is the items doesn't have href on it

<dt class="sfsearchResultTitle"><a id="cphContent_ctl01_ctl00_ctl00_resultsList_A1_1">my item data in dynamic module</a></dt>

Please let me know what to do with it?

In the Documentation it is mentioned that

Configure search index settings for dynamic modules
If you are searching in dynamic module items or custom fields created for any module, you must set the fields where you want the system to search.
You do this by expanding Advanced and entering the fields where to search, separated by commas.
For example, if you want to search your dynamic content types by Definition, enter Definition.

But it is not clear.

what i check that my fields are mentioned in search fields list by checking  settings -> advanced ->dynamic modules -> controls - >mydynamic module -> Views -> mydynamicmoduleBackendList ->SearchFields 

My fields are mentioned there automatically

My user control for search has markup as

<asp:Repeater ID="resultsList" runat="server">
                <HeaderTemplate>
                    <dl class="sfsearchResultsWrp sfsearchReultTitleSnippetUrl">
                </HeaderTemplate>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <div class="search-result">
                        <div class="inner">
                            <div class="font22 bold result-title">
                                <dt class="sfsearchResultTitle"><a id="A1" runat="server" href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Title") %></a></dt>
                            </div>
                            <div class="font13">
                                <br>
                                <dd class="sfsearchResultUrl"><a id="A2" runat="server" href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Link")%></a></dd>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </ItemTemplate>
                <FooterTemplate>
                    </dl>
                </FooterTemplate>
            </asp:Repeater>

Please let me know what is wrong

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2014 00:00

Any Help Guys?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Kamran,

Please check and ensure that:
- The Search index has your search field/s in the Advanced mode,
- Search results widget advanced configuration mode is configured for the field/s you want to search from the Dynamic module (more information is available here) and
- You have at least one page where you are displaying that type of content items
- The search field is of type text field.

If this do not helps, please provide the exact steps to reproduce the case,

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2014 00:00

A resolution mentioned by Ben in my stackoverflow post seems to work http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24067043/sitefinity-search-on-dynamic-module-resulting-no-url

Only Problem there is to emove the display:none on the .sfContentToIndex .sfPublishDescWrp.sfHideInSearch Any possibility so that i get rid of that problem?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Kamran,

The style over the class you mentioned could be overridden in your main .css file. To do so you could use "!important" clause.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2014 00:00

Thanks Svetoslav Manchev

But i have found an easy way in CMS itself by the help of same stack-overflow post [with all due respect stack-overflow forum looks far more knowledgeable then here :) ]

In the backend go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Search -> Controls -> SearchBackend -> Views -> SearchBackendEdit -> Sections -> PipeSettingsSectionInbound -> Fields -> InboundSettings. Then check the "Show content location" checkbox

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Kamran,

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2014 00:00

The approach suggested in this thread would work if you only intend to display the content in question on one page.  Two different lists that are on two different pages.  Following this approach would mean that all results for a list on "page-a" would now be incorrectly rendering url's for "page-b" assuming I set "page-b" as the default content location.

There has to be a better approach to handling this?  I need to keep "Content" enabled in my search widget to allow all my other content sources to display, but this means that I get an assortment of results that all will render as links, but only some of them actually work.  That is confusing to a user.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2016 00:00

I have a widget designer in which there is a list selector. I want to populate it dynamically based on dynamic module . Can anyone tell how to provide ServiceUrl attribute value in the ascx (widget designer) file.

I have done something like this, which yielded no result.
ServiceUrl="/Sitefinity/Services/DynamicModules/Data.svc/?itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Products.Product\u0026providerName=OpenAccessProvider\u0026managerType=Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.DynamicModuleManager"

This thread is closed