Detect Sitefinity Internal Search

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:07

Detect Sitefinity Internal Search

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2014 00:00

In the codebehind for a custom widget I want to detect when the page is being crawled by the internal Sitefinity search.  For example, my widget displays a product price.  I don't want this price to appear in the preview of the search results.  My plan is to add code to the widget so that no price is rendered when the page is indexed (Sitefinity internal search seems to treat my widget as "Static HTML" for the purpose of indexing).

I was hoping for a method like this.IsCrawler (similar to this.IsDesignMode).  But if there is some other way to detect it (perhaps by looking at the user or browser information?) then that would be fine.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Jeff,

You can try to implement you own logic to place the price /or the content you need/ in a separate layout elements.

Than using that blog post to hide this content from the search indexing.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2015 00:00

How do you do this in SF 3.7? I want to detect in code, when the page is being rendered for search. I'd like to hide content. I know I can do this in the fieldsInfoProvider but is there an api method?

This thread is closed