Display Hierarchy/Tree of categories with Category Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:29

Display Hierarchy/Tree of categories with Category Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Is it possible to display the hierarchy of Categories with the category widget or some other widget? When i place the widget on the page, it shows it as a flat list and I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to show a tree/hierarchy.

Thanks!

Nick

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Nick,

We have answered you in the support ticket that you have opened. Feel free to share the solution with our community.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2014 00:00

Is there a solution for this using the built in classification widget? Or do I need to create a custom control and code behind?

Here is the response from Support:

We have a sample showing how a hierarchical taxonomy could be queried and displayed in a RadDropDownTree. I think you will find it useful, so I have attached it to this ticket. You can use it directly or modify it to bind to a tree view the same way, since the datasource is shown how to be queried. You can find how the URLs to filter the widgets could be constructed in this blog post - construct URL section.

I hope you find this useful. Contact us if we can assist you further.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev 
Telerik

Thanks,

Sounds like I will need to create a custom control and code behind for this.

It would be nice if there was just a depth or TreeView setting for the widget though.

This thread is closed