Session state in sql server not working Problem in Appname

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:37

Session state in sql server not working Problem in Appname

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2014 00:00

I am using sitefinity 6.3 application with .net 4.0 and sql server 2008
I am trying to configure application with sql server. I have setup ASPState db on my database server and in my connection string i have put following connection string

<sessionState mode="SQLServer" cookieless="false" timeout="20" sqlConnectionString="data source=myserverlocation;user id=YYYYYY;password=XXXXXX;"  />

But when Trying to browse my site i am geting error 
**Conversion failed when converting the varchar value '9105e526' to data type int.**

When digged out problem in ASpState db via profile i check @appName is passing as 9105e526

DECLARE @return_value int,
    @appId int

EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[TempGetAppID]
    @appName = 9105e526,
    @appId = @appId OUTPUT

SELECT @appId as N'@appId'

SELECT 'Return Value' = @return_value

If i remove character e from @appName the procedure executes

Can any body guide how can i make my application work

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Kamran,

By default we do not do anything with session state withing Sitefinity. 

Maybe you can find more information about <sessionState> configuration and troubleshooting here: ASP.NET Session State.

Regards,
Boyko Nistorov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2014 00:00

Thanks Boyko

My this post http://forums.asp.net/t/1994402.aspx?Asp+net+Session+in+sql+server+resulting+in+error at asp.net forum helps in resolving the issue 

This thread is closed