Can't expand/collapse categories in widget designer if c

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:35

Can't expand/collapse categories in widget designer if category name is more than 2 words

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2014 00:00

I have an MVC Widget with many properties and category names such as "Personal Registration Content" and"Search Results Content" and "Tabs".

When I drop my widget on a page, click Edit, and choose the categorized view of the properties, I'm able to expand and collapse the "Tabs" category but not the other two. When I renamed the categories to "PersonalRegistration Content" and "SearchResults Content", I was able to then expand and collapse the categories. It appears that the bug is only when the category name has more than 2 words.

The Sitefinity Version is 7.0.5108.0.

Here's the exception and stack trace I found in my Chrome console when the categories failed to expand/collapse:

DOMException
code: 12
message: "Failed to execute 'webkitMatchesSelector' on 'Element': ':radio, :checkbox, select, option' is not a valid selector."
name: "SyntaxError"
stack: "Error: Failed to execute 'webkitMatchesSelector' on 'Element': ':radio, :checkbox, select, option' is not a valid selector.
    at Error (native)
    at Function.g.querySelectorAll.nt.matchesSelector (localhost:13303/ScriptResource.axd
    at Function.v.extend.filter (localhost:13303/ScriptResource.axd
    at v.fn.extend.is (localhost:13303/ScriptResource.axd
    at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous> (localhost:13303/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd
    at HTMLFormElement.v.event.dispatch (localhost:13303/ScriptResource.axd
    at HTMLFormElement.o.handle.u (localhost:13303/ScriptResource.axd

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Bo,

This seems a bug for custom attributes and I have logged it in our Feedback portal.

As workaround and as you mentioned, you can remove the spaces and write the Category name PascalCase, for example:

[Category("MyCategoryName")]
public string HeaderText
    get;
    set;

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed