Custom URL for Dynamic Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:41

Custom URL for Dynamic Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

I created a dynamic module called NonTextAssets using the module builder. The default URL structure isn't working for us since there are some NTAs with the same title, only differentiated by the date published. So I need to include the PublishedDate in the URL to be able to access separate NTAs with same titles.

I created my Custom Provider, called NTAProvider, uploaded the file to the server, but at the time of creating the new provider in advanced settings under "DynamicModules" it throws this error that I do not understand. It says: "The following required properties are not set: type"

Here is the code for the new provider, and also a screenshot of the error:

using Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.Data;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model;

namespace SitefinityWebApp
    public class NTAProvider : OpenAccessDynamicModuleProvider

public override string GetUrlFormat(ILocatable item)

return "/[PublicationDate, 0:yyyy'/'MM'/'dd]/[UrlName]";

Screenshot here

Can some lend a hand here? I'm not sure where I'm supposed to set "type" ?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Alex,

I was not able to reproduce this on my end. Looking at the screenshot I see that you are not providing the assembly in the type field. Try entering the following value there:

SitefinityWebApp.NTAProviderSitefinityWebApp

Make sure to recycle the application once the config change is successfully saved.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi all,
I followed the steps. The thing is when we preview the draft or unpublished blog it throws a 404.
The Sitefinity URL query rules for preview no longer show. Is there a fix for this?

This thread is closed