Find custom fields from List Items using Fluent API

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:36

Find custom fields from List Items using Fluent API

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

I would like to get a particular field which is created by me as custom field in list item using Fluent API. But I am not able to get it through Fluent API or I did not find any way to do it. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Harshil Shukla 

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2014 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Harshil,

I am glad you have found the solution. You can use the extension methods GetValue, GetValue<T> and SetValue() for working with custom fields. The extension methods are part of the Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, so you should include this namespace in order to use them.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your reply. And definitely it has helped me a lot.

Regards,

Harshil Shukla 

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Harshil,

I am glad you have managed to solve this out. Contact us if we can help you further.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2015 00:00

GetValue() definitely does not work for obtaining values of custom fields.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Ed,

The GetValue is the method to get a value of a custom field. You can find more information here and here.
In your case, your custom field with name 'areaOfStudy' is not found in the PageData object. Please, check whether the field name is correct and your custom field is not added to another type, PageNode in your case maybe.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

This thread is closed