Custom content types related hierarchy

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:57

Custom content types related hierarchy

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi,

I've seen plenty of good examples of using Thunder to generate a custom module with multiple custom content types. One thing I can't see any documentation on is how to create nested content types in a module.

Using the dynamic module builder I can create a relationship between a dynamic type 'Company' and a child dynamic content type of 'Office'. How can I create both the 'Company' and 'Office' content type in a custom module and have them appear as parent / child in the dashboard content area?

Thanks,
Brian.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Ben,

Do you have any special reason to use Custom module instead of the Module builder?

In order to achieve our needs I would recommend you to use the build-in Module Builder module. Sitefinity Thunder do not supports such functionality.

Furthermore build-in functionality supports Multiple Child Types in Module Builder and related Data items.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2015 00:00

A few reasons I could think of would be:

1.  To contain all functionality within a module.

2.  To make deployment simpler by having code-only scripted deployment.  

Is there a way to install a dynamic module through the command line?  

The ability to associate types while utilizing the UI (that's clearly already built via Dynamic) would be extremely helpful.  Is it on the road map?

This thread is closed