SiteFinityWebApp Namespace

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:47

SiteFinityWebApp Namespace

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2014 00:00

Is the "SitefinityWebApp" a pre-requisite namespace or assembly name for a SF application?

Currently using v6.1 and am supporting an application that has been built by a 3rd party. The application currently has an assembly name of SiteFinityWebApp, and namespaces to match. We would like to change this to match company standards and I've made approriate changes to our managed code, and the controls within the database (sf_object_data) but have a runtime error:

Could not load the assembly 'SitefinityWebApp'.

When I ransack the codebase, I can see 5 references to SitefinityWebApp within Telerik.SiteFinity.dll, including the namespace for DisplayItems.ascx.cs:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="DisplayItems.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.DisplayItems" %>

Using JustDecompile this is contained within an "IntegrationExample" class.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us.

You are fully safe to change your current projects namespace to whatever you want. This can be done in various ways and I believe you are not writing to us so that we can list them to you.

Your concern is understandible - you do not want to break anything in the system by changing a reference to a namespace, but the SitefinityWebApp is not actually used in any code in the IntegrationExample class - it is part of a string. This string can be viewed when you refer to the code reference of a dynamic module and click on Integration Example for YourModule. Please refer to the attached image for further clarification.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if there are any further questions.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed