Error when deploying updated widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:38

Error when deploying updated widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2014 00:00

I'm trying to update a widget and deploy it out to our dev server.  I can get the widget running successfully on a local copy of the site, but when I copy it out to dev and register it, I get the following error: 

~~~\Widgets\CompletedReports_New\CompletedReports.ascx(16): error CS1061: 'ASP.widgets_completedreports_new_completedreports_ascx' does not contain a definition for 'RadGrid1_NeedDataSource' and no extension method 'RadGrid1_NeedDataSource' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.widgets_completedreports_new_completedreports_ascx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any ideas on what I can try?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Zach,

Can you please refer to the following article where the same issue has been discussed and try the solutions suggested there.

In addition, can you please make sure that you have attached properly to the NeedDataSource event in the markup and in the code behind. Please also make sure that you have registered the Telerik.Web.UI namespace in the markup:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

The issue was that I hadn't rebuilt the project out on the DEV server.  Once I did that, the widget loaded properly.  Thanks for your response!

This thread is closed