Restricting or encoding characters for forum thread posts?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:32

Restricting or encoding characters for forum thread posts?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2014 00:00

It's being recommended that URLs, such as community/forums/my-nava-health-vitality-experience/sdfsdf@-$sdf234w!!!, where it contains non-encoded characters, should not be allowed. These come from forum thread topics, so we cannot manually correct them every time. 

Is there a way to restrict the characters allowed for URL creation for forum topics, or at least encode them? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi,

As far as I understand, your question is related to the urls, generated for the forum threads, created from the frontend.
There are settings, that describe the characters, that should be replaced when generating urls.
Please go to Settings>Advanced>System>Site URL Settings>URLRulesSServer. There you will find the regular expression, defining the characters that should be replaced.

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2014 00:00

Perfect. I have replaced it with [^\w\d\-_]+ as the original was causing concerns with SEO, allowing too many unencoded characters into the URL. Thanks.

This thread is closed