Using LibrariesManager in another program

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:52

Using LibrariesManager in another program

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi guys,

I am writing a windows service that needs to update the sitefinity database regularly. 

I need it to create and manage image libraries in Sitefinity so I really want it to be able to use the LibrariesManager like so...

LibrariesManager libraries = LibrariesManager.GetManager();<br>
 var album = libraries.CreateAlbum();

Of course when I reference  this Telerik class and its .dlls in the separate windows service and try and create the LibrariesManager it throws a typeinitialization exception, presumably because it doesn't have a database connection or any configuration. 

"Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: path1"

How do I configure it to work in a separate program?

Cheers!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Adam,

Sitefinity supports Web services. We do not have any resources available for Windows services. I can recommend you create a WCF service to handle this task. More information on how to implement it can be found in our Documentation.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2015 00:00

If you're brave, you can try this approach :)

It's not the LibrariesManager buuuuuuut...should be able to get you where you want to be.

This thread is closed