Last_Modified_By empty in pageNode / pageData

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:33

Last_Modified_By empty in pageNode / pageData

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2014 00:00

Sf 6.3.5000 

I'm attempting to update some old 3.7 code. The last modified field used to provide a date and a username. It's nice that this is a Guid I suppose, but for some reason I have empty guids in all the page data. I'm also checking the table sf_page_data -> last_modified_by but this is empty for every row... yet the date is updated. Is this correct? 

If so, what is the best method to get the last_modified_by info through the API? 

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2014 00:00

var vm = new VersionManager();
var versionList = vm.GetItemVersionHistory(new Guid("C771A6C3-E334-6E0D-8112-F00008FDA96"));

works,... but it would be nice not to have to load this separately... or to some how have it combined in the page data..... columns there but it's all empty.... I'm trying to avoid making more calls then necessary. 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Richard,

The 'last modified by' field is not filled by default and is exposed for future or custom implementation.

The solution proposed by you is ok for version 6.3. Last modified user functionality is available out-of-the-box in version 7.1 by newly implemented Audit Trail logs.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2014 00:00

Good to know. I'll follow up once I'm ready to take that step. Can't wait!

This thread is closed