What event is raised when a page is published and how do I c

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:57

What event is raised when a page is published and how do I capture it?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi,

I've been searching and testing for hours. When a user publishes a page (a new page or an update to an existing page) I want to respond with a process that inspects the PageNode and PageData that has been published.
What is the event I need to respond to? I'll avoid mentioning what I've tried so that it doesn't confuse the question. When a new page or an update to an existing page has been published, what event can I subscribe to or what method on what class do I need to override so that I can obtain the ID of the updated PageNode?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi Scott,

You can try on PageManager.Executing through the Bootstrapper like so:

protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)

Bootstrapper.Initialized += Bootstrapper_Initialized;

void Bootstrapper_Initialized(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs e)

if (e.CommandName == "Bootstrapped")

PageManager.Executing += new EventHandler<Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutingEventArgs>(PageManager_Executing);

private void PageManager_Executing(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutingEventArgs e)

if (e.CommandName == "CommitTransaction" || e.CommandName == "FlushTransaction")

var provider = sender as PageDataProvider;
                var dirtyItems = provider.GetDirtyItems();
                if (dirtyItems.Count != 0)

foreach (var item in dirtyItems)

//Can be New, Updated, or Deleted
                        SecurityConstants.TransactionActionType itemStatus = provider.GetDirtyItemStatus(item);
                        var page = item as PageDraft;
                        if (page != null)

if (itemStatus == SecurityConstants.TransactionActionType.New
                                || itemStatus == SecurityConstants.TransactionActionType.Updated)

//Edit Page
                                if (page.IsTempDraft)

//plug your logic here

//Publish Page
                                if (!page.IsTempDraft)

//plug your logic here

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

That looks like precisely what I need. I'll try it in a few hours. Thanks!

That worked perfectly.  I stepped through it as I created and edited a few pages and it enabled me to isolate exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2015 00:00

hi , i have used the above code to find out which page is being published. The if(!page.istempdraft) block runs when i provide the schedule timings for a page. I have not published the page at this point. I have just set the time, sitefinity automatically refreshes and the control goes inside the if block. Is there a way to prevent this scenario and make it run only when the publish event happens at the scheduled time or if it manually published.

This thread is closed