Multiple users/roles + chat +group admins +"rooms"

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:38

Multiple users/roles + chat +group admins +"rooms"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello,

I would like to create something like an internal portal for my company. People in company are divided into certain groups, each of the groups has its own administrator. So the system should have all the users splited into those groups. Each group should have an administrator. Each group should have something like their own chat room, also it can be possible to write a private message to the other user, sending/storing different types of files. Making announcements (for example by special kind of post on the main group website).

The main administrator should be able to administrate everything. People assign to a certain group are not allowed to see other groups.

Is it possible to achieve by this product? 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi Kris,

thanks for looking into Sitefinity. Is the Chat the only requirement for this portal project?
Sitefinity is a content management platform with a lot of features to create an Intranet or Extranet portal/website, so there are forums, blogs, comment capabilities, full-blown digital asset management features, granular permissions control (so you can assign who has access to what, as you require) and much more. An extensive list of features is available here. Unfortunately there's no built-in chat feature, but one can be integrated.

I think the best way for me to be able to give you a more accurate answer on how much Sitefinity would be able to address your needs would be if you dropped me an e-mail with more details on your project. You can reach me at sales@sitefinity.com, add an "Attn: Greg" in the Subject.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed