Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi  in my widget I have following code

<ItemTemplate>
<li class="sfnewsListItem">
<h3 class="sfnewsTitle inline">
<sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="DetailsViewHyperLink1" runat="server" />
</h3>
<div class="sfnewsSummary">
<sftools:Truncate Text='<%# Eval("Summary")%>' Length="20" runat="server" /></div>
<sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
</li>
</ItemTemplate>

I am using code behind to list the items in certain way. Problem is when I click one of the listed item for details "DetailsViewHyperLink". While it displays the content of the link fine but hit also re loads the item list to default. What I need is some how to disable the autopostback or not to reaload the item list, when link is clicked. Please let me know hot to fix it.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello David,

What widget are you using here?

It seems to me that you are having two news widgets on the same page. Is that correct?

If you want one of the widgets to never reset and always display the listed items, please do the following:

1. Go to the properties of the widget you want to keep in list mode and click edit.
2. In the properties designer, click advanced
3. Scroll to the bottom and find the property named "ContentViewDisplayMode"
4. Set its value to Master - this will make it always in list mode

Please let me know if that helps as I am still not certain I understand your question. If I am right though, this will help.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Peter, Yes I am using news widget one for listing and one for displaying the content. I checked and the widget that I don't need to re set has already"ContentViewDisplayMode" set to Master. Still it is resetting the whole list. It seems like whenever I click the news for details who page is refreshed, I was wondering if that is what is causing that. Also I am using newsmanager to filter the news wondering if I need to set some property there?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi David,

Could you please try to attach some screenshots, so you can help us really understand the problem?

My point is that setting the ContentViewDisplayMode property to "Master" will force the News widget to always display the news widget in a list mode and this particular widget will never show detail mode of a single widget no matter what url is requested or what other widgets you have.

So when you say the widget is resetting, could you please specify what do you mean as it seems you mean something else that what I am thinking of?

Thank you,
Peter
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed