Add column in backend grid list for FlatTaxon field

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:35

Add column in backend grid list for FlatTaxon field

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2014 00:00

In a dynamic module I have an item with a required FlatTaxon field that is restricted to 1 tag selection. I would like to add a column in the backend grid list for the dynamic module that would show the title of the applied taxon. I already see a list of these tags in the sidebar that I can click to filter to items with the clicked tag, but I would like to be able to see the tag inline with the item in the grid.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2014 00:00

I'm able to get the GUID representation of the selected tag by going to Settings -> advanced -> Dynamic Modules -> Controls -> [My Dynamic Type] -> Views -> Backend List -> View Modes -> Grid -> Columns and adding a Data Column with a template of <span>mytaxonomy</span> but I really need to show the title of the taxon the GUID is referencing.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for using our services.

By default the model returned form the service operating with Dynamic Content will contain only the ID of the selected taxa (as they are heavy objects and will otherwise degrade the performance, since they're not displayed on the grid by default). Can you please let us know if this functionality is critical for your project? We can prepare a sample demonstrating who you can plug to the backend grid and call a custom service resolving this taxon's title, however as previously mentioned this might affect the speed of loading the gird.
Looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply, Boyan.

This isn't critical functionality, as the title of the items is probably going to be descriptive enough and the filtering by taxa in the sidebar will suffice for verifying the right tags are on the right items. I would however greatly appreciate you "pointing me in the right direction" on adding a column to the grid that calls a service of any kind to display a value, as I think this would be great knowledge for other use cases as well. It can be very generic, just need to know which kind of column to add (from the advanced settings area I mentioned earlier) and what properties have to be set.

Thanks!

Hey @Boyan

Georgi tweeted the MB was getting some small updates in the next release...how about we just go ahead and fix this issue too? ... :)

Nobody wants to hack it in

This thread is closed