Insert a link from this site with anchor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:47

Insert a link from this site with anchor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello, in the newer SF's, we can link internal pages as a link using the 'Insert a link' function from the radEditor. The thing missing is the ability to add an anchor (or even a query) to a link. 

The work around is to pick 'web address' and type in the url manually and add the anchor. Problem with that is the link will break if the page changes or moved. 

Is there a way to provide an anchor to an internal link?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting us.

In response to your concern - the scenario where the page is changed or moved won't break the link. The links are generated by Page's unique Id, and not by its name and the link will remain relevant, no matter if you move or rename the page. Only in the scenario where the page is deleted will lead to breaking the link.

Please explain to us further how you are planning to use the anchor links with internal links and what is the scenario that you are in right now - in order to provide you with better solution?

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Georgi Mitev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2014 00:00

The scenario is

1) edit page

2) insert link

3) select a page from the site

4) (desired but non-existent functionality) enter an anchor for the URL. Could be a textbox with a label 'anchor' or could even be a textbox with a label 'url suffix' so we can add any sort of url info. 

The only way I can put an anchor on a url (in a link) is to manually enter in the whole url. Which is ok...ish. But I'd like to be able to put in anchors on the page selector and not just the page url (better for the users)

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2014 00:00

Yes please!!

Or QueryString, e.g.,:

Pick an internal page, and it records by GUID so URL/Name change doesn't matter BUT also you can put a querystring e.g., ?filterBy=Puppies

And SF will build this all up for you and render

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Richard,

Let me know if I completely understand your request, so we could log it as a feature request for future implementation in Sitefinity.

Do you want at the time you create a page in Sitefinity - to be able associate it with predefined (suffix/anchor)? Then when you create a link in the radEditor, to be able to select also from list of anchors (associated with these pages).

Regards,
Georgi Mitev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2014 00:00

I can't speak for Richard, but I was just wanting a modification to the Page Selector.  When you choose "Page from this site", there should also be a free text field there where you can manually type any anchor link or query string.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Richard and Stephen,

I have logged a feature request in our feedback portal. You can follow it and vote for it using the following link. Please, verify if the descriptions matches your request and if there is some additional information that could be included. Thank you.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

This thread is closed