sending an email to the person submitting a form

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:21

sending an email to the person submitting a form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2014 00:00

Im pretty new to Sitefinity so I apologize if this seems simple but here goes...

I saw some very good posts from back in 2011 about using Forms Module Notification v1.2 to send email back to the person submitting a form.  I have it downloaded but cant seem to figure out how to install it under sitefinity 7.1.  Does anyone have experience with this yet?

Regards,

Gregg

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello,

I guess - you are referring to this post:
http://www.gsaadeh.com/blog/post/11-07-20/Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx

As far as I was able to check the source uploaded is compatible only with Sitefinity 6.x. We are not supporting 3rd party tools/controls/modules. You could contact the author of this post.

In the newer versions of Sitefinity Forms Notifications are configured under Notifications > Profiles -> Default (check the attached screenshot) -  when you need to setup a SMTP server etc.

Please check also this documentation:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/setup-email-notification-for-form-responses

Regards,
Georgi Mitev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2014 00:00

Thanks Georgi.  

That was, in fact, the post I was referencing.  I apologize for not listing it.  Everything you sent back makes sense, but in the Notification configuration of the newer versions, I still dont see any way to post a notification back to the person submitting the form.  It looks like everything is targeted at already knowing the email address, rather than being able to send a notification back to an address the form submitter enters.  We were hoping that once the user submits the form, we could email a thank you and additional information back to their email address they entered in the form. Am i missing a section of the configuration, or are there any plans to add a feature like this in the future?

Regards,

Gregg

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello,

No Gregg - you are correct,  you are not missing a section from the configuration. This feature is not implemented in the current Sitefinity version.

However you can implement it easily by creating a custom control for achieving this scenario, following this blog post:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/radoslav-georgievs-blog/2011/12/23/how_to_implement_notifications_for_incoming_forms_responses

You can also download a sample project available at the blog post above.

Regards,
Georgi Mitev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed