Issue loading blog posts in Sitefinity Backend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:04

Issue loading blog posts in Sitefinity Backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2014 00:00

I am running a blog, using Sitefinity 7.2.5320, on a shared hosting provider.  When I go to the Sitefinity back-end, click on the Content, Blogs, my blog I get a JavaScript alert that says "500 Internal Server Error".  

After further examination I found that the following ajax call to the link below was returning a 500 internal server error.  The following link below will return the JSON, when logged in to my site, that will display the blog post listing in the Sitefinity back-end.

http://codeengage.com/Sitefinity/Services/Content/BlogPostService.svc/parent/d431d392-8bce-68f3-b077-ff00007b33de/?managerType=&providerName=OpenAccessDataProvider&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.BlogPost&provider=OpenAccessDataProvider&sortExpression=PublicationDate%20DESC&skip=0&take=50

What's even more weird, is that in some cases the link will return the JSON with no issue and then a few minutes later it will give me a 500 internal server.  No idea why this is happening.

I also checked the Error logs in Sitefinity and found the following error related to the link above.

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 11/6/2014 4:13:49 AM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 7cec5cf1-60ac-4727-ab59-252eda175b3e
An exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred and was caught.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/05/2014 20:13:49
Type : System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Source : mscorlib
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
HResult : -2146233079
Stack Trace :    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.FillTypeRegistrationDictionary(IDictionary`2 typeRegistrations)
   at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.get_Registrations()
   at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.IsRegistered(IUnityContainer container, Type typeToCheck, String nameToCheck)
   at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.IsRegistered[T](IUnityContainer container, String nameToCheck)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Lifecycle.LifecycleFactory.CreateLifecycle(ILifecycleManager manager, Action`2 copyDelegate, Type[] supportedTypes)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Lifecycle.LifecycleFactory.CreateLifecycle[T](ILifecycleManager manager, Action`2 copyDelegate)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager.get_Lifecycle()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager.GetMaster(BlogPost cnt)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.WcfContentLifecycleStatusFactory.CreateInternal[T](T content, IContentLifecycleManager`1 manager, Boolean isLoadedLiveItem, Boolean isLoadedTempItem, CultureInfo culture, T liveContent, T tempContent)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.WcfContentLifecycleStatusFactory.Create[T](T content, IContentLifecycleManager`1 manager, CultureInfo culture)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetChildrenContentItemsInternal(String parentId, String providerName, String sortExpression, String filter, Int32 skip, Int32 take, Boolean includeSubFoldersItems)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetChildrenContentItems(String parentId, String providerName, String sortExpression, String filter, Int32 skip, Int32 take, String workflowOperation, Boolean excludeFolders, Boolean includeSubFoldersItems)
   at SyncInvokeGetChildrenContentItems(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Additional Info:

MachineName : hidden
TimeStamp : 11/6/2014 4:13:49 AM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=7.2.5310.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/1002055406/ROOT-2-130597207999103981
ThreadIdentity :
WindowsIdentity : hidden
Requested URL : http://codeengage.com/Sitefinity/Services/Content/BlogPostService.svc/parent/d431d392-8bce-68f3-b077-ff00007b33de/?managerType=&providerName=OpenAccessDataProvider&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.BlogPost&provider=OpenAccessDataProvider&sortExpression=PublicationDate DESC&skip=0&take=50

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 90000

Severity: Error

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: WIN5004

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1002055406/ROOT-2-130597207999103981

ProcessId: 17084

Process Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:3392

Extended Properties:
----------------------------------------

Has anyone seen this error before or have any additional ideas on how I can resolve this issue.  I have not talked to my hosting provider yet, but that is my next step.  I would just like get my facts down before I go to them with this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2014 00:00

I also want to add that I have checked my settings with the IIS web site using the Sitefinity documentation below.

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/install-sitefinity/configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects

My web server uses IIS 8.5 and I have checked all the recommended settings and everything is correct. 

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Craig,

This is a strange issue indeed. Are you getting this on any other of the content modules? Please also let me know if you have any custom code in Global.asax. Are you registering any custom implementation through the ObjectFactory? You can try getting the same copy of the project on your local machine and test to see if the issue will reproduce as well.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2014 00:00

Pavel,

After talking with my hosting provider I added an additional 256 MB to my 500 MB application pool.  After making this change, everything is running great now and I am no longer seeing this issue.

I think what was happening is that I would go to the back-end of the site and the application pool was recycling and I would get the error that I displayed above.  I am still monitoring the application since I added the additional memory to the application pool and plan to continue for the next week.

Hope that helps.  Thanks.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Craig,

Thank you for getting back to me.

It is great news that you were able to resolve the problem. Additionally thanks for sharing the solution with me. It is a good idea to keep a close eye on the project indeed. In case anything happens please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed