Sitefinity Document Selector

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:17

Sitefinity Document Selector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2014 00:00

Hi,

I want to select a file from sitefinity folder structure..Is there any control is available for selecting the file document?

Thankx in advance

Regards,

Aloy

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Aloy,

The functionality you require is easily achievable, but depends on your scenario. Should you require the document to be selected by a widget, you can add a selector in its designer. Should you want to add the document to a field, you can use our out of the box Related Media fields or add a custom one.

Unfortunately these selectors are only available in the backend as they require scripts that are only loaded there as well as inherit permissions only viable for the backend. If your case is front end related, please specify it and I will gladly present the best approach you should take to achieving this.

This is however the method of selecting images in the Sitefinity database. Since your case is to select them from the root of the site ( or other location on your server) we do not have any resources available for such implementation as in general each CMS aims to limit all content to the database. Having this in mind your case will require custom implementation that does not differ from general ASP.Net controls. I believe there are many resources online that describe different approaches to this. I cannot however suggest any best practices on the manner as this is not related to our product's implementation.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2016 00:00

Thanks  much.. 

This thread is closed