PagesConfig NullReferenceException

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:37

PagesConfig NullReferenceException

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2014 00:00

I have previously worked on SharePoint but am very new to Sitefinity and have to work on an existing version 6.0 project. When I ran the project after numerous additions to get the build working, including NotificationsConfig and PagesConfig files, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error. The stack trace shows it occurs on the line "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Configuration.PagesConfig.OnPropertiesInitialized()". 

This has happened whether I run the project from Visual Studio or from IIS. The PagesConfig file currently being used is given below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<pagesConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="6.0.4200.0" homePageId="f17c5541-3414-467a-92f4-1831f5e59ef2" defaultFrontendTemplateId="0c0ebced-359a-4a90-ab61-11d4ae2bce24" backendHomePageId="f669d9a7-009d-4d83-aaaa-700000000001" />

It's a copy of the latest version file with the version number changed to match the files in the project.

As I can't find anything on this issue it's likely I'm missing something basic in the setup, maybe the GUID's listed above etc. 

Would it be possible to get a working version of the PagesConfig.Config file for Sitefinity version 6.0 if that is not correct above? If it's ok what can I possibly try to get the project working? 

Also there seems to be no documentation of this file that I can find online, is it possible to get the link for any resource on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Kiran,

Changing the configuration file version is not recommended. This number is assigned either on project creation or after an upgrade. I would suggest to use the Project manager to create an empty site and get the default configuration files that are created for it and that you need (except for DataConfig and ProjectConfig files), then swap them with the ones in your project. If this does not help I would suggest to submit a support ticket and prepare a copy of the project and database to send us in order to investigate. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed