Customizing backoffice grids for synamic content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:55

Customizing backoffice grids for synamic content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2014 00:00

I need to add custom functionality to the backoffice pages which manage dynamic content types I've defined in a dynamic module but I cannot find any documentation on such grids nor any previous topics in this forum. What I need to do is:

- Adding custom columns, e.g. a column with a direct link to a related document, or a column displaying the tags applied to the item.
- Removing some of the default columns which cannot be normally removed by the module editor, such as the columns "Title", "Actions" and "Pubblication data".
- Make the grid sortable by clicking on colum headers or add custom sorting options in the sorting dropdown box on top of the grid.
- Add custom filters and other links in the in the right side area of the grid (the one with the category filters and the link to settings and recycle bin).

I also need to add buttons which interact with the grid's displayed content, e.g. a button to export the currently displayed items to as Excel file.

Do these functions require Sitefinity Thunder or is it possible to just replace the grid with a custom UserControl so I can configure an ordinary RadGridView at will? Is there any example available of this approach?

Thank you,
Alessio S.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Alessio,

What I can suggest is to refer to the following blog post describing in details how you can show the selected taxa in Sitefinity module items' backend grid and also how to add custom columns. Please also check the attached video demonstrating where you can find all the settings for the backend grid and to add columns.

Please note that we do not recommend deleting the default columns - for example the Title column - since we use this column as an identifier of the item so that we can open it in edit mode on click.

Regarding your question about sorting the backend grid by clicking on a column, please note that currently there is no option available to sort backend grid directly. The only option available for now is to use the sorting dropdown where you can sort by date, title and custom fields. Please refer to the attached screenshot (SortItemsInBackendGrid.png). In addition to this, you may also take a look at the following blog post and the forum thread for more details related to sorting dynamic and content items.

Regarding the export functionality, please refer to the following article and checkout the Export content items created with the dynamic module section for more details on this matter. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/30678c21_2D00_f3a5_2D00_4066_2D00_9379_2D00_f089110667c3_5F00_BackendGrid.zip:320:240]

This thread is closed