Globalized Error Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:27

Globalized Error Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2014 00:00

Anyone have ideas on how this might work?

Ideally, I would like to have 404 and 500 pages created in sitefinity where a user could edit each language version of those pages. When a 404 or 500 error occurs, the visitor is directed to the appropriate language.

I have this working for a single language, but directing to /500 when an error occurs. I'm not sure how to redirect to /fr/500 when a french visitor experiences and error.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello Raymond,

I believe easiest is to create a single error page, which will serve different content using our personalization module: Personalization of the website content

Please check also the following videos:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2014 00:00

I would also like to know how to solve this. I don't have the Personalization option and I'm not sure why I would need this?

If I set error pages inside my web.config, they refer to a page. You can't redirect based on a culture, so I guess it has to be done within the Global.asax, right?

Or is there something within Sitefinity that can solve this?

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Personalization module gives you the option to display different content for users depending on their geolocation (based on user`s IPs). Otherwise how you will determine that you need to deliver error page in e.g. french? HTTP referer could help in some cases, but if this is his first page or is redirected from another site, I do not see a way how trough Global.asax you can chose the correct one unless there is something to provide you the IP origin?

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed