Change Module Template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:54

Change Module Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2014 00:00

I need to show the whole content for a Module in the first view as shown in the image to the right inside the screenshot attached. Can this be done?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Nivy,

Thank you for using our services.

The two screenshots show two different widget templates for the events content type. The first one is the List one and the second one is Details. You can read more about widget templates in our documentation - 
Widget templates

What you want is to show details for the event items in the list view. This can be achieved very easy via modifying the Events list widget template to have the additional data that you need. In order to do that please follow this steps:

1. Go to Design -> Widget Templates
2. Find the "Full event item" template and open it
3. Inside the <itemtemplate> tag you will see the mark up that renders the details view of the event
4. Copy the information that you want (will page the mark up in the List view template for the widget)
5. Open 'Titles, cities, dates' that applies to the Events module and paste the content inside the <ItemTemplate> tag.
6. Save and refresh your page.

Note: You can access the currently used templates directly from the widget designer.

I have recorded a video to show you the process.

Regards,
Kristian Smilenov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2014 00:00

Can it be applied to a new  module type that I have created?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Nivy,

If I understand you correctly you are asking if you can follow the same approach for Dynamic module types - yes you can use the same approach. Under Design -> Widget Templates you will find 2 separate templates for every dynamic module type you create. The first template is for the list view and the second is for the detail view of the Dynamic content control for that specific type. For example I have created a new dynamic content type named "Resource". For that type the two templates created were named "List of resources" and "Full resource content".

Please find a screenshot of the two templates listed under Design -> Widget Templates: screenshot.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Simeon Simeonov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed