Get error from this service /restapi/sitefinity/related-data

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:12

Get error from this service /restapi/sitefinity/related-data/data-types

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2014 00:00

We have a "Sample" module created with module builder(Version 7.0). When we try to add a new field of type "Related Data" we are not getting any records in the dropdown. We saw the console error as "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 (Method Not Allowed)". I have attached the files for your reference.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Ajay,

The RelatedData feature uses ServiceStack services for manipulating the data. The Comments do it as well. Can you please go to Content -> Comments and check if you get some error there too.

If this is the case, there is a highly change that you do not have ServiceStack configurations in your web.config file. Please add the following code:

<!-- SERVICE STACK-->
<location path="RestApi">
  <system.web>
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="*" type="ServiceStack.HttpHandlerFactory, ServiceStack" verb="*" />
    </httpHandlers>
  </system.web>
  <!--Required for IIS7-->
  <system.webServer>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <handlers>
      <remove name="ServiceStack.Factory" />
      <add path="*" name="ServiceStack.Factory" type="ServiceStack.HttpHandlerFactory, ServiceStack" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" resourceType="Unspecified" allowPathInfo="true" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
</location>
<!-- END SERVICE STACK-->

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Kristian Smilenov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2017 00:00

Hi,

ServiceStack configurations is already added in my web.config file. Still I am getting "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 (Method Not Allowed)" error. Please tell me a solution for this.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2017 00:00

Hi,

I have added the Service Stack configurations in the web.config file. Still I am getting same error. Please provide a solution.

This thread is closed