Statitics/Log.svc issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:35

Statitics/Log.svc issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi,
I have a error later that I updated to 7.2.5310.0. The site display the error when it load some pages:
"NetworkError: 404 No found -loacalhost/.../Log.svc....." the error is because the file is not in the project, exist the way that I can off/on the write in this file?

Thanks,

Nathalia

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Nathalia,

The Log.svc is responsible for gathering statistics for the Personalization module. Provided you disable the module you will get rid of the exception.

I tested the same on a local project and did not manage to reproduce this error no matter what I tried. Can you please specify a scenario I can follow in order to get the same result you do?

Regarding your specific questions - the service is not located in an actual .svc file. It is part of the Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Statistics.Impl assembly and is called via a registered URL. Therefore absence of a physical file and/or read/write permissions to such cannot be considered as reasons for this 404 status code error. 

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for replay, I installed a module that this have a different widgets. I create pages with some widget that I installed but the error occurred in the redirects into pages.  

How I can enable the module for not get the exception?

Thanks, 

Nathalia

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Natalia,

I am afraid I cannot give you an exact answer since I cannot manage to get the service reproduce the behavior on my end. What I can suggest is for you to submit a support ticket where me or one of my teammates can investigate your solution and provide an exact solution to this issue.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed