Programmatically Deactivate Modules

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:37

Programmatically Deactivate Modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2015 00:00

I want to bring some of the configuration of (built-in) modules to be handled programmatically.  A few options would be to do it in the code once bootstrapped or run a PowerShell script to handle it during deployment.  A final option would be to have a pure uninstall for certain modules.

As far as full uninstall (over deactivate), I've hit a snag when trying to use the App.WorkWith().Module(...) facade, as the UninstallWithContext expects an implementation of IModuleInstallContext, which I'm not sure how to retrieve.  Searching has thus far produced nothing for me.

So what's the proper way to handle this outside of the interface?  

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Christian,

Please note that we do not have an exposed API for uninstalling modules programatically. You can activate, deactivate, install and uninstall modules only from the Sitefinity backend under Administration -> Modules and Services page.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed