Replacing Pager with RadDataPager on Image Gallery

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:11

Replacing Pager with RadDataPager on Image Gallery

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2015 00:00

Hey all,

I apologize ahead of time if this might be a nooby question. I have an override of the Simple List View of the image gallery that updates based on filtering criteria a user selects. I'm trying to replace the Pager control with the RadDataPager control because it's an easy implementation for getting the paging to work when the filtering is applied.

However, RadDataPager doesn't seem to initialize properly when the page is first loaded. It only loads one page. I do have the Pager control still in place since the default code requires it, and I don't know what the default code is doing, otherwise I would try to remove the Pager control.

Could the Pager control be interfering with the RadDataPager? Or does the RadDataPager control need to be set up in the code-behind in some special way? I tried looking for documentation on the control, but wasn't able to really find anything.

Or if someone could give me an idea on how to refresh the Pager control so that it updates the paging when the filtering is applied, that would be a great help, too.

Here is the template:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="DealerNetImageTemplate.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.UserControls.Extranet.DealerNetImageTemplate" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit"
    Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments.Web.UI.Frontend" TagPrefix="comments" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments" %>

<sf:BrowseAndEditToolbar ID="browseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit">
</sf:BrowseAndEditToolbar>
<sf:SitefinityLabel id="title" runat="server" WrapperTagName="h2" HideIfNoText="true" HideIfNoTextMode="Server" CssClass="sfmediaFieldTitle" />
<asp:DropDownList runat="server" ID="imageCategoryDDL" AutoPostBack="true"></asp:DropDownList>
<asp:DropDownList runat="server" ID="productColorDDL"></asp:DropDownList>
<telerik:RadListView ID="ItemsList" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server"
    EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <layouttemplate>
    <ul class="sfimagesTmbList">
        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server"/>
        <telerik:RadDataPager runat="server" ID="imgPager" PagedControlID="ItemsList">
            <Fields>
                <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="Numeric" />
            </Fields>
        </telerik:RadDataPager>
    </ul>
  </layouttemplate>
    <itemtemplate>
        <li class="sfimagesTmb"
            <div style="border: 1px solid black; padding:10px; text-align: center;">   
                <sf:SitefinityHyperLink runat="server" id="singleItemLink" />
                <p style="text-align:center;"><asp:Label runat="server" ID="imgTitle" CssClass="center" /></p>
                <p style="text-align:center;"><asp:Label runat="server" ID="imgSubtitle" CssClass="center" /></p>
            </div>
        </li>
  </itemtemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server" Visible="false">
</sf:Pager>
<asp:PlaceHolder ID="socialContainer" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>

<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="zeroImages" Visible="false">No images match filtering criteria.</asp:Panel>

Below is a snippet of the code-behind that deals with the paging. The rest of the code is just extending the base methods so that the filtering can be applied, but I can show all of that, too, if it would be of any help.

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)

ItemsList.AllowPaging = false;
            ItemsList.Rebind();

ItemsList.AllowPaging = true;
            ItemsList.PageSize = (int)MasterDefinition.ItemsPerPage;
            ItemsList.Rebind();

Thanks in advance to those who are willing to help!

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Chris,

You can check and try the samples provided in the RadListView documentation and demo site for using RadDataPager for RadListView Paging.

More information is available here and here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2015 00:00

Thanks, Svetoslav. Going off of that, it looks like the RadDataPager is set up correctly. But, actually, let me digress.

The issue I'm having is really with the sf:Pager control. Since I am building off of the default code for the image gallery, the sf:Pager control is required to be in the template. I tried working with the sf:Pager control. However, the sf:Pager control will not update the pagination when a user filters the images in the gallery. Instead, sf:Pager sticks with the paging that was created the very first time the control was loaded, and I can't figure out how to recreate the pages when filtering is applied.

So, is there a way I can make sf:Pager recreate the pages after the image filtering criteria is posted back to the server?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Chris,

In case you are using the build-in pager control, you can check the solution proposed in that discussion by setting UrlEvaluationMode to QueryString in the advanced mode of the widget.

I hope the solution helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed