Using RedirectToAction in Mvc Controller Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:31

Using RedirectToAction in Mvc Controller Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2015 00:00

I have the following code in one of my Controller methods:

return RedirectToAction("UpdatedProfile", "Home");

However, when I execute my code, as soon as I perform the Redirect to navigate from one Controller method to another, I get thrown completely out of the Sitefinity web application! 

For some reason, I cannot navigate from one Controller method to another and return different Views respectively as I can in a standard ASP.NET MVC application.

Please advise as to how to resolve this issue while using my Sitefinity MVC Widgets.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Samir,

This is a known issue which we have logged as a bug and hopefully we will be able to include the fix for it in one of our future releases. You can track the bug status on our public feedback portal on the following link.

I have also subscribed you to receive notifications for the bug including new comments, votes, status changes. If you would like to unsubscribe, you can unfollow the item by removing "Following this item”. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed