jQuery Version Upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:11

jQuery Version Upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi all, 

We are trying to upgrade our bootstrap version to v3.3.2, but it requires to use jQuery v1.9.1.
We are using Sitefinity v7.2 and it has built-in with jQuery v1.8.3.

Is it possible to change the Sitefinity jQuery version (to v1.9.1) from the backend or another place without affect the Sitefinity functionality?

Thanks, 

Nathalia

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2015 00:00

It's being worked on...hopefully out soon

twitter.com/.../565232513799692288

It's just not safe to change the version, you'll most likely bork the backend

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2015 00:00

Hey Nathalia,

From the backend no it's not advisable to do as Steve already said. But for Bootstrap compatibility there are ways to make it work. I'm finishing up a newer cleaner version of the boilerplate project - shoot me an email (jochem.bokkers [at] gmail.com) and I'll drop you a preview version if you want...

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi,

Changing the jQuery version globally will most probably break the whole backend and is unsupported. You can implement a logic to load your specific version, but you should avoid the conflicts. We are using a lot of plugins being attached to the jQuery object, which are a potential trouble for conflicts of the jQuery object.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed