Creating a Search Index on Custom Content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:24

Creating a Search Index on Custom Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello,

I've created a Custom Content Module using Sitefinity Thunder in Visual Studio but when I try to create a search index, the new content type is not shown in the "Create Index" content types. What are the steps for making the new content type indexable for search? 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Abe,

Please note that be design when you create a search index the custom modules which you have created using Thunder do not appear as a content which can be included in the index. Please refer to the following article (step 5) for more details about the content that can be selected to be indexed.

In order to include in the search the items of your custom module, please refer to the following article from our documentation where it is described how you can index external content in the latest Sitefinity version (7.3). You may also review the following blog post for additional information on this.

In addition to this, if you do not have a specific reason to build the custom modules programmatically I can recommend that you create the module using the Module Builder. This way you can easily create the module and have built-in functionality which will allow you to easily add your module to the search index. If this is an option for you, you can refer to the following article from our documentation on how to create a module using the Module Builder. You can also check the following video demonstration.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed