Any way around requirement that dynamic modules have at leas

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:13

Any way around requirement that dynamic modules have at least one short text field?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2015 00:00

Scenario
I am creating a line of business application in which I need to create a module/contenttype with just one related field and a long text field. However, the Module builder will not permit this. 

Questions

1. Is there any way around this?
  2. Are Intrasite Modules the preferred way to build complex line of business applications using Sitefinity? I have used this approach in the past and have been very happy with the results.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, dynamic content types must have at least one required short text field. This is by design, the field is used as an identifier of the content - when displayed in lists, for URL generation, searching, sorting, filtering etc.

As far as your second question is concerned, it is always the business case that serves as a decision maker and whether one can rely on existing features of the system or develop a custom approach.
My suggestion for you would be to consider your architecture and if possible, use Sitefinity built-in tools to create it - by using the Module Builder for example. We constantly strive to improve it so it better serves business needs. In addition to all of the out-of-the-box functionality, you could also benefit from existing community discussions, knowledge base articles, documentation and so on.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if I can assist you any further.

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed