Querying live pages using FluentAPI returns blank page names

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:08

Querying live pages using FluentAPI returns blank page names

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2015 00:00

Problem:

When I use the FluentAPI to query pages, only the pages that were created as part of the Sitefinity installation have a value for the name property. 

Steps to Duplicate:
1. Log into SItefinity back office and create and publish at least one front-end page.

2. Create a page named DemoLivePages.aspx in Visual Studio

3. Add a GridView to DemoLivePages.aspx

4. Bind the GridView using the following code:

public IQueryable<PageNode> GetLivePagesFluentAPI()
    IQueryable<PageNode> pageNodes = App.WorkWith().Pages().Where(pN => (pN.Page != null && pN.Page.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live)).Get();
    return pageNodes;

5. Run the page with the Grid and none of the pages created in Step 1 have a value for the name property. Only the pages that were created during the Sitefinity installation return a name.

Below are some additional things I tried (did not work). Note that in the following I am attempting to get the page title instead of name. This is because there was not a Name property for any of the following approaches.

1. Visual Studio gave me a warning that node.Page is depcreciated. I tried it anyway.

IQueryable<PageNode> pageNodes = GetLivePagesFluentAPI();

foreach (PageNode node in pageNodes)
    Response.Write(node.Page.Title + "<hr />");

2. The decreciation message suggested I use GetPageData() and NavigationNode.Title. Tried that below but it did not work either.

IQueryable<PageNode> pageNodes = GetLivePagesFluentAPI();

foreach (PageNode node in pageNodes)
    Response.Write(node.GetPageData().NavigationNode.Title + "<br />");

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi David,

Can you please try to get the titles of the pages using the following sample code:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

var pages = GetLivePagesFluentAPI();

foreach (var page in pages)

string name = page.Title;

public IQueryable<PageNode> GetLivePagesFluentAPI()

IQueryable<PageNode> pageNodes = App.WorkWith()
                .Pages()
                .Where(pN => (pN.Page != null && pN.Page.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && pN.IsBackend == false))
                .Get();

return pageNodes;

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed