Adding Custom CSS Classname to WSYWIG Editor's body

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:26

Adding Custom CSS Classname to WSYWIG Editor's body

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2015 00:00

I'm developing on Sitefinity 7.3 and want to add custom CSS classnames to the WYSIWYG editor's body element which currently looks like:

<body class="sfreContentArea">...</body>

Would like to be able to do:

<body class="sfreContentArea myCustomClass">...</body>

Since this is embedded in an iframe and loaded on demand, I'm unable to access the editor when it loads.

I've dug around quite a bit looking for a solution but haven't been able to come up with anything that's supported. Short of implementing a custom editor, which I've actually tried with no luck (no change in the editor itself, doesn't seem to recognize my custom editor) as outlined here: www.stratavie.com/.../custom-css-in-editor), the only other suggestions I've found are against older versions of Sitefinity, that recommend attaching a Javascript function to the load event of the editor which would be great if I could figure out how to do that in 7.3.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

In order to achieve you need you can add this class onClientLoad event.
To doe so you can check this article as a sample:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/missing-styling-of-tables-inside-content-block-on-firefox

the only change is that on step 2 you can replace the function as:

function fixEditor(sender, args)
    $(sender.get_contentArea()).addClass("myCustomClass");

Additional information could be found here.

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed