Error when try to add a Controller

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:08

Error when try to add a Controller

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

I downloaded and installed the Sitefinity trial application.  I also installed the Feather tool.  I want to create an MVC widget, but when I went to add a Controller, I got an error stating the Telerik.Sitefinity.FrontEnd assembly cannot be found.  I have the assembly, but it is a newer version (1.2.160.0).  How is this error occurring, seeing as I just ran the standard installers?  How do I remedy this situation.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

This is frustrating...I uninstalled the 1.2.160.0 version and installed the 1.2.150.0 version as per the error message.  Now, the error message states it cannot find version 1.2.140.0.  This has to be some bizarre configuration error.  Day one of this trial and I'm not getting warm and fuzzies about the product.  Somebody please give me an assist before I chuck this CMS to the curb and move on to the next candidate.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Tim,

Can you please try to create a new 8.0 project using the Project Manager and activate the Feather module under:
Administration > Modules & Services > Actions menu of feather > Activate

Than you can try create a widgets using Feather. Additional information that could be useful:
Getting Started
Upgrade instructions
- Father project Wiki

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed