Adding RelatedMedia to Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:14

Adding RelatedMedia to Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi,

I am currently having issues adding a relatedmedia field type to a content type inside a module. The issue isn't when I add the field, but when I try and edit/create the content and where it says:

"Content from this type cannot be selected because the module or the source providing its content is deleted or deactivated."

There is already a field called 'profileimage' of type Media which seems to be working just fine. From what I've read Media is pre sitefinity 7.0 and ReleatedMedia is for 7.0 and above. 

We are running sitefinity  7.2.5310.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Edit:

I looked through some of the other sites, and some of the other content types have RelatedMedia field types set up and working. 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi,

You can migrate any previously used Guid, Guid array, Media Fields to Related media/Related data as described here.

Regards,
Bilyana
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2015 00:00

Thanks for the reply!

Will this fix the issue I'm having when I add a new Related Media field? Can the two different fields exist on the same content type?

Curtis

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

You should also check that the data source you chose for the custom field is available. This occurs when you have multiple providers for the images and the provider you selected is not accessible.

Regards,
Bilyana
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. The reason behind it was because I wasn't selected 'Default Site Source' as my provider.

This thread is closed