Automating Sitefinity's Campaigns

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:56

Automating Sitefinity's Campaigns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello!

I'm working on  a feature for a client that automates sitefinity's campaigns so that automated daily notification emails are generated using the feature to give my client's users a heads up on new products that they are subscribed to.

Due to this bug: feedback.telerik.com/.../155581-email-campaigns-custom-properties-are-not-persisted-when-subscribing-users I had to work around this by updating the database directly since once a new subscriber field is populated, it is never updated. I'm using a custom subscriber field to hold a small block of HTML that will be injected into each user's email.

I've had to increase the length of one of the backend database fields for Sitefinity. I realize that this is a issue since sitefinity tries to automatically adjust the size of fields on certain events when it determines that a database upgrade might have happened. The field I changed was "val" on sf_ntf_sbscrbrs_cstm_prperties so that my custom property could contain a short block of HTML that was unique for each person receiving an email.

My question is twofold: 1) Is there a recommended practice to attach some custom logic to the actual email process so that I could generate my HTML there instead of using a custom property?  I'm already doing customizations to the message body before it sends (but of course these are received by all users and aren't specific).  I'm looking for a way to inject some logic on a per subscriber basis.

2) If that isn't possible, is it possible to disable sitefinity's auto migration and schema validation? I realize I would then have to be mindful of future upgrades.

That said, the client is currently on 7.1, but we plan to move to 8.0 very soon, so if there isn't a solution for 7.1, I'm still interested in a solution that might work on 8.

This thread is closed