MVC Navigation Module - Edit "Brand"

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:23

MVC Navigation Module - Edit "Brand"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi all,

I have a SF7.3 install and I'm using the "Navigation" widget from the "MvcWidgets" group. I'd like to edit the word "Brand", but I don't see where I would do this. 

Alternately if anyone could tell me how I could edit this widget's template, that'd also be welcome! 

Any help is appreciated! 

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Joel,

You can modify the Brand link in the according navigation view. Go to your Application root and find the ResourcePackages folder. Then choose the template you are using - Bootstrap, Foundation or SemanticUI. Navigate to MVC -> Views -> Navigation. Modify the views and the brand:

<a class="navbar-brand" href="#">Brand</a>

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Nikola, 

I've tried updating this template and it doesn't seem to be reflected on my site. I'm trying to get it to link to the home page and also have the brand name instead of the word "Brand". However, the updated template doesn't seem to be taking effect. 

After making the change I've tried the following:

- Build the solution, then launch the debugger

- Republish the page template the navigation widget is on

- Republish pages based on that page template

I found this thread which is why I attempted #2 and #3 above: www.sitefinity.com/.../updating-a-template-does-not-change-underlying-content-pages

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Joel,

Make sure the template is read from the file system. Feather widgets could load the templates used (cshtml views) from different locations. The priority and details could be found here.
Please, make sure you are also not hitting this issue. it has been addressed in version v.1.2.140.2:
Layout files:
Razor layouts are truly dynamic and execute on every page request, unless the page is output cached.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed