Multilanguage configuration problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:57

Multilanguage configuration problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi I have this configuration for multilanguage:

<databaseMappingOptions useMultilingualSplitTables="True" useMultilingualFetchStrategy="True" splitTablesIgnoredCultures="en,es,ru" />​

<resourcesConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="8.0.5700.0" multilingual="True">
<cultures>

<add culture="zh" uiCulture="zh" key="chinese-zh" />
<add culture="id" uiCulture="id" key="indonesian-id" />
<add culture="pt" uiCulture="pt" key="portuguese-pt" />

</cultures>

For the indonesian one I getting this error:

Fail when generating the split table "[sf_commnt_id]" becouse of a repeated column name "content_id". This is the script that I capture in the log:

CREATE TABLE [sf_commnt_id] (
    [content_id] uniqueidentifier NOT NULL,
    [UrlName_id] NVARCHAR(255) NULL,        -- UrlName_id
    [Title_id] NVARCHAR(255) NULL,          -- Title_id
    [Description_id] NVARCHAR(MAX) NULL,    -- Description_id
    [Content_id] NVARCHAR(MAX) NULL,        -- Content_id
    [AuthorName_id] NVARCHAR(255) NULL,     -- AuthorName_id
    CONSTRAINT [pk_sf_commnt_id] PRIMARY KEY ([content_id])
)​

How can I solved this??, and how I can rollback the changes in the DB beocuse some split tables

of indonesian were created and others no, and now the DB its worng (why Sitefinity dont use Trasanction when generate the tables for one languages).

Please any help will be apreciated.

Best regards

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce this scenario, the following entries were created for the languages:

<add culture="en" uiCulture="en" key="english-en" />
    <add culture="zh" uiCulture="zh" key="chinese-zh" />
    <add culture="id" uiCulture="id" fieldSuffix="idn" key="indonesian-id" />

Do you use only split tables or both split tables and fetch strategy?

I would like to suggest, restoring a backup of the database and then add Indonesian from the cultures instead of the languages or enabling fetch strategy as well as split tables. In addition to this, you noted that you are on Sitefinity 8, would it be possible to let us know if this is indeed the case or you are running on an older version.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed