Change Form submission reply-to email address

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:09

Change Form submission reply-to email address

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2015 00:00

Is there a way to change the "reply-to" address on the email notification from the forms module to default to the person's email address that is completing the contact form?  Currently it defaults to the provider email address.  It would be better for the staff who receives the email to be able to just reply to the customer directly from the email that is sent to their inbox.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2015 00:00

I would be interested in this as well. Our form notifications are usually sent to our support team, and it would be better for them to click "Reply" and have the form-submitter's email address automatically entered into the To: field. Is there a way to do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi,

There is no way to change the reply-to email address as it is using the email entered as the DefaultSenderEmailAddress in the notifications settings.

There is a way to achieve your desired behavior of having the user's email in the notifications. You can do this by creating a custom form widget. To simplify your work you can use Thunder visual studio extension to create the form widget for you.

The best approach would be to have a HiddenField in the template and set its value to the current user's email (if such exists) on the InitializeControls method.

Template:

<%@ Control %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>

<asp:HiddenField  ID="EmailTextBox" runat="server" />

InitializeControls:

public override object Value
    get

return this.EmailTextBox.Value;

set

this.EmailTextBox.Value = value.ToString();

protected virtual HiddenField EmailTextBox
    get

return this.Container.GetControl<HiddenField>("EmailTextBox", true);

protected override void InitializeControls(GenericContainer container)
    this.EmailTextBox.Value = GetCurrentSitefinityUserEmail();

private static string GetCurrentSitefinityUserEmail()
    ProfileView pv = new ProfileView();
    Guid currentUserGuid = pv.CurrentUser.UserId;

if (currentUserGuid != Guid.Empty)

var user = UserManager.GetManager().GetUser(currentUserGuid);
        if (user != null)

return user.Email;

return String.Empty;

When the value of the field is an email address it is automatically formatted as a mailto link in the notifications thus allowing for easy replies.

Furthermore you can follow the following blog post to customize the notifications' template if necessary.

I am also attaching a complete sample of the custom form widget for reference.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2017 00:00

This post is a little old now, but I'm trying to do the same kind of thing.  I need the reply-to to be an email address set by the user when they fill out the form.  I don't see where in the example above this affects the reply-to of the email.  It looks to me to just be setting a hidden field.  How does this get into the reply-to email field?

Thanks...

This thread is closed