Creation of custom taxonomy associated with an image

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:00

Creation of custom taxonomy associated with an image

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi all,

I've a requirement to create a custom taxonomy with image associated with it, i.e, I've to create a taxonomy with text content & image. Which taxonomy should I use & how to implement it?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

I've understood that I should be using Hierarchical Taxonomy. But how do I change hierarchical to custom taxonomy?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Sneha,

Can you please checkout the following documentation article for more details on how to create custom classification.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

Thanks for your reply. I've gone through the article before also. But that's not what I want! I need to create a custom taxonomy / Classification which acts as a module, i.e, which can take both image & title together. I've got some reference code for this! But when I'm integrating that into my code, I'm getting this following error - 

No metadata has been registered for class 'SitefinityWebApp.CustomTaxonomy.CustomHierarchicalTaxon, SitefinityWebApp, Version=8.0.5700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///(SolutionPath)/bin/SitefinityWebApp.DLL.)

How can I fix this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2015 00:00

Hello Sneha,

Please note that the classifications are simple objects and they do not have custom fields. So, it is not possible to add custom fields (including image field) to categories and tags. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2015 00:00

Thanks for the information Sabrie. I understand that classifications are simple objects & they do not have custom fields. But I want to create a separate classification other than the existing classifications. It should be like Tags, Categories, All classifications & CustomClassification (the one I create). Is this possible? If yes then help me to understand how to make this work!

I also need open access assemblies for sitefinity version 8.0. Can you tell me where I can find these assemblies?

Regards,
Sneha

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2015 00:00

Hello Sneha,

I can understand your point of view, however, please note that currently it is not possible to associate taxonomy items with an image. We have a feature request logged in our feedback portal related to this at the following link. You can vote to increase its popularity.

Regarding the assemblies, you can take them from the bin folder of the _EmptyProject of your current Sitefinity version. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2015 00:00

Thanks for your help Sabrie. I'm hoping that this feature gains more popularity soon.

This thread is closed