Dashboard : IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:00

Dashboard : IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi all,

I was trying to setup a payment method in a fresh sitefinity website. But when I click on the button to add a payment method [also when I try other options in the dashboard] I get an alert saying "IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found". Are there anything that should be taken care of when hosting the site in a Windows 8 machine or is it something else? I have tried confirming the IIS settings as per the answers that I found in other forums. I hope its not related to the OS or IIS version my machine is running on.

The site is powered by Sitefinity 7.0

Thanks in advance :)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2015 00:00

Aby,

Where is it trying to hit up? If you look at the dev tools when it 404s, what exactly is it trying to access?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2015 00:00

Hi Tim, 

This was hapenning everytime I try to access any of the items in the dashboard. I do not know how but I got the site up after trying out a lot of blogs that found arround. I am now trying to figure out what actually fixed the issue. I gave AppPool the write access to the AppData folder, enabled few features in Windows. I will surely be posting it in this thread once I find the fix/issue. But thank you Tim :)

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2015 00:00

I found this post while trying to fix same issue.  This link has all information I needed to fix my server. docs.sitefinity.com/configure-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects 

Carlos.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2015 00:00

Thanks Carlos . I found this informative.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jan-2017 00:00

Thanks, Carlos. That document is informative.

I just registered on this website to thank you.

This thread is closed