Community edition license

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:08

Community edition license

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

I am or at least was an owner of a ​Community Edition license. The Community Edition does show up under my available downloads. However, I can't find where to download the license.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Dave,

Licenses for Community editions are not available for download from you accounts. You need to enter your credentials in the License activation page. Then the system will automatically apply it to your project. More information could be found in our documentation:

docs.sitefinity.com/activate-a-license

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2015 00:00

How do I get to the license activation page manually? I want to make it pop up. Is there a button in the site administration? I need to upgrade my license from trial to actual license, but I don't want to wait for it to pop up, as the site is in production, and I can't be having randoms seeing a license page.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2015 00:00

There does not appear to be ​any way for Community edition users to download/activate their license.  Community Edition does not appear in the dropdown on the activation page.   Nor is the license available for download like it is for non-Community editions.  

Question
If it is going to take longer than a couple of days to fix the download/activation process for Community edition users can someone please email me my license?

P.S. - Eventhough the community edition did not appear in the dropdown on the activation page,I still attempted to activate it by entering my credentials. It gave me a message that I was not licensed for the version I selected.

P.S.S - The Community Edition does appear on my free products page when I log into my account.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello,

@Jeremy, the license for the version that you need could be downloaded from your account under:
Products and subscriptions > Sitefinity CMS > Manage Domains and Licenses > (your domain) Manage > Show Available 

Than update the license by following that article: http://docs.sitefinity.com/activate-a-license

@Dave. you will be contacted by your account manager for the case and further details, for the time being you can use the trial one.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

Hey Svetoslav,

Thanks for the response. I did find the proper license. I was getting the trial pop-up license because I switched the domain from a dev site at some localhost, to the main site.

As for updating the license, I was able to do that too, but no thanks to the "activate a license" link. It took me forever to realize that in the dashboard of sitefinity, under administration, there is a link titled "Version and licensing". Once there, it was easy, but finding it was unnecessarily hard. I wish that activate a license page mentioned something about this link in the dashboard.

Regards,

Jeremy Millar

Armour Technology Solutions

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2015 00:00

I was able to download my license by going directly to the following page and clicking Manage button next to the community edition:

http://www.telerik.com/account/license-management.aspx

This thread is closed