Root pages permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:47

Root pages permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2015 00:00

Hey all,

I updated the permissions on the right side (all pages) permissions with a custom role. Gave it almost all permissions. Then I had a user log in and it appears only 1 root page got the role. The remainder root pages don't appear to be impacted by the additional role. Inheritance is set for all the root pages. This is version 6.3.5000. 

I may go and 'break inheritance' of all the root pages and add in my custom role, but I'd rather have or hope to have this inherited by the 'all permissions' link on the right side. I would think this was the purpose. 

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

When page inherit permissions from parent (the root permissions of pages) they should all inherit the changes made. Please test if for a page breaking inheritance and then inheriting again picks up the custom user role then use the query below to perform this operation on all pages.

PageManager manager = PageManager.GetManager();
            var pages = manager.GetPageNodes();

foreach (var page in pages)

manager.BreakPermiossionsInheritance(page);
                manager.SaveChanges();
                manager.RestorePermissionsInheritance(page);
                manager.SaveChanges();

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed