Document selector and video selector

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:11

Document selector and video selector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2015 00:00

Having a bit of a difficult time just finding selector/pickers for custom widget designers. I struck gold a few months ago with a sample widget that contained functional selectors/pickers for a couple types, but really... REALLY wish there was 1 location for all selectors/pickers with a fully functional widget that can easily be tossed into a project. 

The document picker I'd like to use would select 1 document, and the video picker 1 video. Can a sample project be linked please? 

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2015 00:00

Hello,

For selectors in widget designer I suggest using Sitefinity Thunder functionality based on this documentation article. Add Guid property to the designer which allows for the addition of the selectors.
For your desired scenario add two Guid properties one for video selector and one for document selector.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

Ok, ... the Thunder steps do not work and I'll likely end up learning something that I can't use in the long term. 

What I'd like is a sample widget with designer that includes all the selectors, image, document, video, (in the short term), long term, sample widgets for blogs, news, etc. 

The only functionality from Thunder that I use a lot is the 'Create Widget with Designer'. This is fantastic, and like the video says, 'use this and add additional fields'. Now, if I was to use Thunder, right clicking the widget, or using the explorer, and then having a command to add an additional field to my designer would make that route great. But the alternative is just to have sample widgets for all possible selectors available. This way, i can take from it what I actually need and I can type a lot quicker then getting Thunder. 

All I need is the designer markup, the code behind(ish), and the JS to apply and load the settings.

Please... 

With thunder, even I created a widget with designer, without designer, and I can't add the designer to the existing widget and I can't find my widget with out the designer... these steps are too easily broken and the most obivous answer and quicker would be just a sample project so I can extract what I need. I'll figure out later why Thunder is not working for me but I really need the selectors!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

Here is a video how to generate the selector.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed