Running Azure deployment locally

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:10

Running Azure deployment locally

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2015 00:00

Hi guys,

I have a new site I've setup on Azure. After going through the steps to prep the site, add the cloud service, etc. as well as integrating feather and setting up a separate project for my custom widgets I've deployed it fine on Azure.

As part of the process the sitefinity documentation says to remove the project from the project manager so I've done that. The solution with the 3 projects (sitefiniity, cloud, and my custom widgets) are all under source control and everything is good.

When running the site locally from Visual Studio (with a copy of the database brought down from Azure and running locally) it's fine. All the content comes up and runs. However trying to log into the backend I get this error:

HTTP ERROR 404.0 - Not Found

Module: IIS Web Core

Notification MapRequestHandler

Handler: StaticFIle

Error Code: 0x80070002

Logon Method: OAUTH-SWT

This is running under IISExpress out of Visual Studio.

Any thoughts what the issue is?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

Do you get the same error when running the project on IIS and from VS dev server? Try configuring IIS as described in the documentation http://docs.sitefinity.com/configure-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects and run the project directly on IIS. In addition to this you can check the web.config to ensure that the environment is not set to Azure.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Hi Atanas,

Turns out I had no idea the importance of both the GUID generated for the site or the site name and how it's embedded in the database. The database I had on Azure was mismatched with my local project settings. Once I rebuilt everything from the same baseline I can flip between local vs. Azure SQL with a single web.config change now.

Thanks

This thread is closed