Forms storing data

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:45

Forms storing data

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

Is there anyway to set a form not to store data?  So that it can just be used to search collections of data i.e. in a module?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Hello David,

Can you provide more information about the scenario you have.

Generally speaking you can create
Form control where to implement the custom functionality instead of the build-in submit button
  or
Custom widget with the form you need and implement the desired functionality.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

My aim is to create a custom module which will hold a list of properties that we have.  I will use the form to search the properties, so say 2 bed properties over £100,000.  I guess this could be done by creating a custom user widget using asp.net controls, but that starts creating tables I noticed in the html.  I would prefer just to use a Sitefinity form, but I don't want to store the search data?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2015 00:00

Hi David,

In that case you can use the Module Builder and using its API to Create Content Items and Save/Retrieve their data.

I hope the information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed